Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The checklist below should be used to confirm that your submission adheres to the journal’s submission and style guidance. If you cannot tick every box below please do not submit your paper to us. Please do not submit an essay – we do not accept work in essay form and these will be rejected. If your work does not satisfy all of the criteria listed it will be rejected and returned to you.
- Undergraduate work: I am an undergraduate student or my work was carried out when I was an undergraduate and I graduated within the last 6 months
- Original Work: The material in my paper is original and has not been published or submitted for review elsewhere. If produced as part of a larger research group or project, I confirm that I have authorization from the project supervisor to publish on this work.
- Assessment: My paper is not based on work that is awaiting assessment or is to be submitted for assessment (note: papers based on work that has already been assessed may be submitted)
- Length: My paper is between 2000 and 5000 words long (not including abstract, references and appendices)
- Settings Style: The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Images: All images embedded in my paper have also been given clear file names and have been attached to this submission as separate files
- Abstract: My paper has an abstract of between 100 and 200 words
- Keywords: My paper has around 6 keywords
- Referencing: My referencing adheres to Reinvention’s style guidance. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Permissions: I have permission to reproduce all images or other copyrighted material within my paper (for assistance / advice contact the journal team)
- Submission file: The work is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
The data on this form relates to your submission to Reinvention: an International Journal of Undergraduate Research. The date and time of your submission, your identity and the work you have submitted will all be stored, but will not be used for any purpose other than communicating with you about the journal and your submission. If your submission is accepted and published then your submission will be stored whilst in publication. If your submission is not accepted then we will retain your submission for two years, after which time it will be destroyed. You have the right to withdraw consent of submission at any time, however in doing so we will be unable to work towards publishing or to publish your work. By submitting your work you agree to the terms stated here.